Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Treading water

This blog is a chance for me to share updates into our lives as new parents, to share with everyone what a cutie we are raising and just other random life happenings. This blog is also a place where I hope I can be real and share.
To share my struggles and to know that I’m not alone. That sometimes juggling motherhood, being a wife and still maintaining a sense of self is hard. Some days I feel like I’m barely treading water, overwhelmed with the constant loads of laundry, cooking dinner, organizing at least some of the chaos of our home while taking care of Mason. My mind racing with everything that I want to accomplish, my to do list long. And how does that turn out for me…let’s just say not too many items get marked off. I’m the queen of saying…Oh I need to do this, I need to do that. Yup, usually doesn’t happen which ends up frustrating me and creates a sense that I’m lacking at times. Some days I’m just tired of the monotony of cleaning bottles and pump parts. And some days I’m just plain tired, not necessarily because I’m sleep deprived from waking up with Mason, but mentally.
Being surrounded by all the social media these days probably contributes to my struggles. It is easier to play the comparison game. To see how other moms seem to have it all together because I know I sure don’t.  
Please remember that I DO love being a mother. I DO love being a wife. I am grateful for all that I have, some days I just have to make more of a conscious effort to remind myself because it is so easy to get bogged down.     
I know that time with Mason is precious now, that he will not be a baby forever, so I am trying to focus on him, on creating those special memories of us as a family…
but I would appreciate some order to our home, maybe a table without the random piles on it. It would be a start…

No comments:

Post a Comment