Friday, March 1, 2013

30

Today, I celebrate my 30th birthday. It's hard to believe this "milestone" birthday is already upon me.

Here are a few things I have learned throughout my twenties:

1.  Don't get caught up in the idea of planning out your life. It will always change and go in another direction when you least expect it.

2. Change IS good and may be exactly what you need.

3. Reminiscing about your college years will happen, you'll laugh and even cry from the memories and that's okay.

4. Hold tight to your friendships. Invest in them because when everyday life happens it's easy to let them slip.

5. Listen to your parents. They do know what they are talking about (most of the time :).

6. You can consider your mom one of your closest friends.

7.  I miss naps. Seriously.

8. It is important to live on your own and become self-sufficient.

9. On the other hand, it's not the end of the world if you live with your parents for a bit after college.

10. Have confidence in all that you do.

11. You are stronger than you can even imagine.

12. Your priorities shift. Going out becomes staying in which is perfectly acceptable.

13. Travel when you get the opportunity, especially to another country.

14. Getting out of your comfort zone will strengthen you.

15. Sometimes all you can do is laugh, or cry, or even both.

16. Organization is not my forte despite my best intentions.

17. Nothing prepares you for parenthood. You have to experience it for yourself.

18. There's alot that I still want to learn.

19. There's nothing like waking up with the love of your life every morning.

20. It's the everyday little acts that make a difference.

21. Motherhood is my calling.

22. Hand holding never gets old.

23. Slow down and enjoy.

24. Babies grow way too fast.

25. What truly makes my house a home is my family.

26. I can live with a deer head in my living room.

27.  My body is amazing and I need to remember that my stretchmarks are evidence of my greatest accomplishment.

28. Questioning God does happen.

29. Don't miss an opportunity to share your love.

30. God has never strayed. He has stayed right beside me through it all.

I know I have learned even more from this past decade of my life, but I wanted to share the main ones that came to mind. There are regrets, but I try not to waste my energy. The past cannot be changed. I can only move forward and move forward I have. 

My life is special and each day I am purposeful in reminding myself that I have so many reasons to be thankful. Being 30 is another day in my extraordinary life :)  

Thumbs up for birthday celebrations!


1 comment:

  1. Love this post! So many great thoughts. Also glad to know I'm not the only one who ended up with stretchmarks after pregnancy. They're worth it though! :)

    ReplyDelete