Friday, October 11, 2013

Listening

"Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see--how good God is. Blessed are you who run to him. ~Psalm 34:8

My daily calendar at work brought this verse to my attention today and it was a reminder that was desperately needed. This verse evoked the picture of someone with face upturned, arms wide opened, fully exposed and trusting. Then while driving, my radio turned to K-Love, the song "Live With Abandon" by the Newsboys came on. Have you listened to the words?

Chasing after this world makes me tired
Praisin' my own name leaves me dry

There's gotta be so much more to life than this
A higher calling that I missed
I want my life to count, every breath

I wanna live with abandon
Give You all that I am
Every part of my heart Jesus
I place in Your hands
I wanna live with abandon

I'll drop everything to follow You
It's only Your hands I hold onto

There's gotta be more to life than this
A higher calling that I missed
I want my life to count, every breath

I'm not looking back
I'm done with that
Wanna give You all I have

A song that I have heard multiple times and really enjoy. Today though, the Lord knew that I needed to hear this, to reinforce what I took in this morning on my daily calendar. That I need to "live with abandon" with my arms wide open, face upturned, fully exposed and trusting. Running to Him. No hesitation and I will be blessed. Why? Because he is good. Oh so good. 

Can I share how thankful I am that I actually listened to Him today? So many times I fail at the listening part. I let my own thoughts, doubts, fears, insecurities consume me. But now, for today, I want to live with complete and utter abandon. 

And honestly I'm living with a wonderful example because that little boy in my life is full of trust and genuine love.


So what's He sharing in your life?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment